Cookbook for Woodcuts consists of 55 no-stretch brushes for Adobe Illustrator, 15 seamless woodcut patterns, and bonus tiff textures.
I started working on these brushes three weeks ago when I found a retro cookbook with woodcut style of illustrations. I totally fell in love with them and started re-creating them as a daily exercise.
From the start, I tried to create new kind of woodcut brushes. I didn't want to just scan old woodcut illustrations and made brushes from them. I used them only as an inspiration.
My goal was to create a library of woodcut brushes that not only allow you to get woodcut look but it also saves your time!
Therefore I avoided making classic art brushes but instead of that, I made more complex no stretch brushes (based on seamless patterns).
For your best comfort, I created multiple versions of the brushes. Most of brushes (if it were necessary), have mirror version of them. You don't have to care what a direction you draw, just apply brush - it saves a lot of time!
Furthermore, there are two basic versions of brushes - clean and rough. You can choose what style of illustration you will get - clean (or modern) or rough retro-looking.
What will you get:
- 55 no-stretch (pattern-based) woodcut brushes for Adobe Illustrator most of the brushes (if there was necessary) has 2 version - clean and rough + mirror version
- two AI files - CC version contains autogenerated outer and inner corners (works better in this kind of brushes than customized ones), CS6 - CS3 version doesn't contain corners, but there is a quick tutorial how to avoid gaps in 90° corner - so there are no difficulties with that.
- 15 seamless woodcut patterns for Adobe Illustrator
- Bonus Tiff Textures in High-resolution
- Vintage Matchbook Graphic Halftone EffectBy volusthemesAdd to collectionDownload
- Linocut Brushes for Adobe IllustratorAdd to collectionDownload
- Classic Strokes for Adobe IllustratorAdd to collectionDownload
- Preppy Art Brushes for Adobe IllustratorAdd to collectionDownload