Want to incorporate some hidden gems into your next project? Create luxurious designs with the dazzling Jewel Tones Color Trend.
If you’re on the hunt for a dazzling color palette that oozes both luxury and warmth, then the jewel tone color trend for is for you! Featuring deep, rich colors that are perfect for the holiday season–and beyond, a jewel tone color palette creates an effortlessly luxurious aesthetic when used in graphic design. Learn about what makes jewel tones so popular right now, and how you can incorporate these hidden gems into your next project.
What Are Jewel Tones?
Jewel tones are a palette of colors inspired by precious and semi-precious gemstones, such as Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald. Typically, jewel tones are deep and slightly muted with a high color saturation, making them especially dynamic for use in design.
Historically, precious and semi-precious gemstones have been used to signify wealth, status and royalty, and when integrated into modern design, they create a distinct appearance of opulence and luxury. Despite the global crisis of 2020, jewel colors have increased in popularity among Envato customers over the last 12 months. In fact, four out of the top 10 fastest growing colors searched for on Envato Elements and and Envato Market were precious gemstones, including Azure, Amber, and Amethyst.
Ready to add a little razzle dazzle to your next design? Here are some of the top jewel tones trending this season alongside graphics, video templates, photos and more, in a jewel palette.
Named after the rock Azurite – with its characteristic deep blue to violet-blue color – Azure is a bright blue color. It sits halfway between blue and cyan, and is often likened to the deep blue evening skies seen in desert and winter landscapes. Here are some of the best Azure-inspired items on Envato Elements.
01. Crystal Low Poly Refraction Backgrounds by themefire
02. 20 Azure Lightroom Presets and LUTs by sparklestock
03. Beautiful blue crystal by twenty20photos
04. Lava | Abstract Backgrounds Part. 2 by MotionMediaGroup
05. Blue Watercolor Backgrounds Vol.1 by M-e-f
The gemstone Amber – which is actually fossilized tree resin – has been appreciated for its natural color and beauty since Neolithic times. A pure chroma color often compared to honey or maple syrup, Amber features rich tones of yellow, orange and brown. Here are some of the best Amber-inspired items on Envato Elements.
06. Holographic Papers Vol.2 by FreezeronMedia
07. Colorful Vector Polygon Backgrounds by themefire
08. Watercolor Seamless Textures – Yellow Pack by CreativeForm
09. Polygon Gems Illustrations by ghostlypixels
10. Yellow Watercolor Flowers by Webvilla
Amethyst is a beautiful violet variety of quartz that has been one of the most prized gemstones for centuries. Once available only to royalty, amethyst is now one of the world’s most popular colored gems and is often used in jewelry and homewares. The tones of amethyst can vary from light lavender and bright violet to a strong, deep reddish-purple. Here are some of the best Amethyst-inspired items on Envato Elements.
11. Holographic Backgrounds Collection by MiksKS
12. Macro photography of the amethyst crystal by Edalin
13. Violet Vibes Graphic Art Kit by firesparkstudio
14. Liquid Shapes Backgrounds by themefire
15. Sun Models Poster / Flyer by codetoform
Sapphire is a coveted and precious gemstone known for its mesmerizing, deep blue color. Often compared to a glittering ocean, Sapphires are very valuable and are popularly used in jewelry design. While natural sapphires may contain tones of yellow, purple, orange, and green, the most valuable sapphires are defined by the purity of their blue hue. Here are some of the best Sapphire-inspired items on Envato Elements.
16. Social Media Promo by MotionMediaGroup
17. Gemstones Outlines Collection by YummyDs
18. Blue | Soft Fluid Backgrounds by devotchkah
19. Watercolor Blue Ocean Mammals by MarinaErmakova
20. Abstract 3D Wavy Backgrounds – Blue Color by mamounalbibi
Jade is a gorgeous, semi-precious gemstone known for its earthy green color. While it’s often polished to a brilliant luster, Jade is actually a metamorphic rock that has been fashioned into tools, sculptures, jewelry, and other objects for over 5,000 years. Jade is best known for its calming green hue, although it appears naturally in other colors such as yellow and white. Here are some of the best Jade-inspired items on Envato Elements.