Want to try out the pastel design trend? Learn how to use these light and silky hues in your next project.
If you’re looking for a color palette that’s cute, playful and indulgent like candy, satisfy your sweet tooth with a taste of the pastel color design trend! Pastel colors have been hot on the scene over the last couple of years, trending everywhere from graphic design and photography to fashion and social media. A popular Instagram color palette, pastel colors are associated with other trends of the moment such as tie dye and holographic design.
What Are Pastel Colors?
Pastel colors are light yet bright hues with a silky, dreamy appearance. Derived from the traditional art medium of the same name, pastels are usually soft and soothing in tone due to their low saturation and subdued colors – which is something we all need right now, obviously. Pastel colors are often associated with spring and work well when paired with neutral colors to represent abundance, growth and peace.
Inspired by some of the yummiest foods on earth – such as candy hearts, ice cream, and birthday cake – as well as natural florals, pastel colors are great for evoking a fun, youthful tone. Subtle yet eye-catching, these hues make playful backgrounds, trendy logos or cute accents to any design.
Including pastel pink, pastel blue and pastel yellow to name a few, here are some of the top pastel color palette items available on Envato Elements…
1. Thunder Pastel Powerpoint by amsupply
2. Nude + Pink Marble Business Card by 83Oranges
3. Pink colours trends by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
4. Minimalist Pastel Socmed Post by Fannanstudio
5. Plastik life concept by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
6. Pastel Instagram by spacestudios
A calm and comforting hue, pastel blue is known to evoke feelings of serenity, focus and relaxation, as well as the color of the sky and the ocean. Blue is a color often associated with peace, clarity and communication, and is proven to be the most common favorite color among the world’s population. Here are some of the top pastel blue items on Envato Elements…
1. Fashion Puzzle – Instagram Posts by Sko4
2. Floral Minimal Business Card by EightonesixStudios
3. Minimal monochrome pastel colours by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
4. Light Blue Instagram Post by sagesmask
5. Magazine Layout with Light Blue Accents by broluthfi
6. Candy Instagram Post & Instagram Story Template by dannyaldana
Pastel green evokes a sense of freshness and lightness. It represents the tranquility of nature, evoking feelings of wellness and peace of mind. To bring your next design to life with pastel green, here are some of the top items on Envato Elements…
1. Smoothie mug and abstraction by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
2. Pastel Spring Illustration by EightonesixStudios
3. Fresh green concept by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
4. Square Flyer Mockup by WildOnes
5. Aqua menthe color trend by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
6. Aqua menthe trendy colours design by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
Reminiscent of flowers and sunlight, pastel yellow is a color of hope, creativity and growth. A close relative of Pantone’s 2021 Color of the Year, ‘Illuminating’, pastel yellow is uplifting and brightening, evoking feelings of happiness, cheerfulness and fun. To add some light into your next design, try some of these pastel yellow items on Envato Elements…
1. Fashion still life concept by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
2. Simple Bounce – Pastel Backgrounds by hughadams
3. Circle geometry and hand by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
4. Baby Shower Invitation – Print & Social Media by invisualstudio
5. Minimal still life design trend by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
6. Pastel Shapes and Elements by switzergirl
A color close to lavender – a flower which is known to have powerful sleep and relaxation properties – pastel purple is associated with calm and relaxation. Derived from purple, a color connected to luxury, nobility and royalty, pastel purple is a softer, quietly luxurious hue. To integrate pastel purple into your designs, try out these items from Envato Elements…
1. Still life concept by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
2. Unicorn Vector Gradients – Colorful Background by amritpaldesign
3. 30 Pastel Watercolor Backgrounds by M-e-f
4. Still life art by EvgeniyaPorechenskaya
5. Cosmetics Instagram Stories by Sko4
6. iPhone XS app mobile Mock-Up by hoangpts
For more top color trends, read up on the Bright and Bold Color Design Trend, Pantone Colors of the Year 2021: Ultimate Gray & Illuminating, Pantone Color Trends for Fall and our Color Trends for 2021!