If you're launching or rebranding a restaurant, discover trends in logo design and some appetising restaurant logo templates.
Eating out at a restaurant is no longer just about the food, it’s about the experience. A restaurant logo can be one of the most important elements for creating an impression on potential customers. How you portray your restaurant brand through your logo design, style and your marketing will have a positive influence on the growth of your business. If you’re looking for a classy monogram logo, we have an article just for you.
Restaurant Logo Trends
Even well-established, popular brands have been evolving their restaurant logos to accommodate the multiple platforms they now need to occupy, and of course to keep them looking fresh, relevant and contemporary.
Here are some examples of how well-known restaurants are now thinking about their logo design:
- Popular restaurant KFC has been through a number of chicken restaurant logos, the most recent adopting the current trends of fewer colors, and a simplified style.
- TGI Fridays, the well-known bar and grill restaurant, has certainly made a shift to a more contemporary food outlet logo, dropping the apostrophe and making the overall shape and typeface simpler, while maintaining their distinctive red and white stripes.
Restaurant Logo Tips
- Your logo has to work across multiple platforms, so avoid anything too complicated that might not translate well–keep it clean and simple.
- Be purposeful with your color choices. Color can evoke particular feelings, emotions and connotations, so make sure to reflect the right ones for your brand.
- Your typography should be eye-catching and appealing but, crucially, easy to read.
- If you’re using an image, graphic, or symbol, make sure that the resolution is high enough that it’ll look great in any size and context.
- What you leave out can be as visually interesting as what you put in–think of the arrow in the FedEx logo. Here are some other great examples of the clever use of negative space.
Using Restaurant Logo Templates
When it comes to design, it can be hard to know where to start, but using a template gives you a solid, professional grounding that you can build on and customize.
10. Logo Metal Fish Seafood emblem by Sentavio
If your restaurant specializes in fresh seafood, try this PSD and AI template. As it’s a vector, it will scale to any size and you can change the colors to suit.
9. Restaurant Logo by graphix_shiv
This logo could be used for many different types of restaurants.
8. Set of Restaurant and Food Logo Badge by Suhandi
A flexible set of logos for a casual eatery.
7. Restaurant Logo by sz81
This subtle logo would work well for a pizzeria or Italian restaurant.
6. Royale Logo Template by Easybrandz2
Use this elegant logo for a fine dining restaurant or wine bar.
5. Green Food Logo Template by designhatti
This natural food logo can be used for a health food store or healthy cafe.
4. Burger Bar Vintage Logo Template by Blankids
Do you want fries with that? Pick this vintage logo for your burger joint.
3. Coffee Shop Logo Template by floringheorghe
If you’re launching an artisan coffee shop you’ll love this logo.
2. Restaurant Logo Templates by polshindanil
This minimalistic logo would be perfect for a steak restaurant. There are five versions and its available in EPS and AI.
1. Burgers and Co by designdistrictmx
Last but not least, this stylish logo can be used for a hip burger joint.