Works with Photoshop CC 2015+
Smaller PSD offers a variety of helpful scripts and functions to reduce your PSDs filesize. It processes all layers, so you don't have to select anything by hand. The panel can reduce/delete invisible layers and pixels, flatten or rasterize layers, apply masks, replace placeholder images with frames and more.
Please note: No script can "magically" reduce any PSDs filesize. The size can be reduces if your PSD has...
- ...images which are only placeholders (- can be replaced by color or frame),
- ...images which can be reduces in sharpness / detail,
- ...layers which are obscured by other layers (hidden pixels),
- ...layers with (pixel) masks,
- ...layers with clipping masks (clipping layer must be larger than its base),
- ...empty layers,
- ...Smart Objects,
- ...layers which stand out of the document bounds,
- ...hidden or invisible layers (visibility, opacity, fillOpacity),
- ...layer styles / effects which are hidden,
- ...groups which can be merged,
- or your PSD doesnt need maximal compatibility (no thumbnail / preview in other software)
Most methods are lossy, which means the reduced data can't be restored at a later point (unlike zipping). If your PSD will be handed to a client, you should consider how editable the PSD should remain, and which parts can be deleted.